Assist and promote the techniques, tactics and leadership within the Austin College baseball program. Serve as an assistant to the head coach in all facets of the program, with duties that will include the teaching and coaching of players, both as individual and units of the team. This position will also assist with the organization and management of the players at home and away events. Administration duties may include and are not limited to: keeping stats and goals, film breakdown, data input for recruiting, collection of recruiting information, evaluation of recruits, hosting recruits on campus, liaison with the travel needs/requirements, game-day assisting and keeping the team informed of training/game times.
The assistant coach will adhere to all institution policies and practices for employees. This position represents the institution, athletic department, as well as the baseball program.
Day to Day Coaching Responsibilities:
1. Consult with head coach to assist in development of daily practice plans
2. Execute practice plan with great attention to detail in terms of efficiency, technique, and enthusiasm
3. Evaluate abilities of a broad range of athletes at the college level in practice and game settings
4. Provide ongoing feedback (oral and written) to daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals
5. Promote a positive competitive environment that celebrates the mission of Austin College athletics, as well as the mission of NCAA Division III Athletics
Day to Day Field Responsibilities:
1. Report on site prior to players arrival for training and games
2. Make appropriate preparations for training and games
3. Provide appropriate feedback to players/staff throughout season
4. Actively participate in the everyday maintenance of facility
5. Help ensure facility is presentable for all visiting recruits, parents, alumni etc.
Bachelorís degree in education or related field; coaching background at the high school level and/or beyond; experience in evaluating student athletes.
Ability to promote the Austin College Mission statement, with how it relates to the mission of the athletic department as well as NCAA Division III athletics
Effective communication skills (oral and written format)
Technical expertise in baseball fundamentals
Ability to objectively coach players in alignment with the team goals
Ability to organize, develop, and execute daily practice plans
Ability to perform all duties independently or collaboratively
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
This is a volunteer postion and will not carry a stipend.