Men's Lacrosse: The Head Club Coach, Men's Lacrosse
Roger Williams University
February 19, 2019
March 21, 2019
USA - Northeast
The Head Club Coach, Men's Lacrosse is responsible for all aspects of the development and administration of a successful Division III club sports program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all University and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules, regulations, and policies.
• Teach and develop sport-specific skills in a successful, safe and prudent manner.
• Create, present, and maintain records of up-to-date lesson plans for pre-season/season practice drills and procedures detailing the desired goals to be achieved.
• Schedule practice and game preparation sessions, and conduct post game analysis and incorporate into lesson plans.
• Conduct an ongoing recruitment program through a variety of methods, both on and off the court with the goal to attract, select and encourage enrollment of high caliber student-athletes.
• Initiate new ideas and methods to improve the program in support of the University goal of a successful conference record.
• Fundraise, when required, for assigned program and coordinate and support fundraising efforts.
• Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and uses discretion when supporting students, their families, and working with sensitive student information.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or supervisor's designee.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in a sports related discipline.
Minimum two years' experience in sports coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of intercollegiate sports with the ability to recruit talented players for the program is preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to function in a service and team-oriented environment.
Ability to function independently, display strong attention to detail, work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects.
Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and work collaboratively with a variety of individuals, University community including faculty, students, staff, parents and alumni.
Ability to advise and motivate student-athletes.
Must be able to travel as required.
Possess a valid driver's license.
Available to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
* At the University's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the University, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Roger Williams University, located on the coast of Bristol, RI, is a forward-thinking private university with 45 undergraduate majors and more than a dozen graduate programs spanning the liberal arts and the professions, where students become community-minded citizens through project-based, experiential learning. With small classes, direct access to faculty and boundless opportunities for real-world projects, RWU students develop the ability to think critically while simultaneously building the practical skills that today's employers demand. In the five years since launching its signature Affordable Excellence initiative, the University has established itself as a leader in American higher education by confronting the most pressing issues facing students and families - increasing costs that limit access to college, rising debt and the job readiness of graduates. In addition to its 4,000 undergraduates and 300 graduate students, RWU is home to a thriving School of Continuing Studies based in Providence as well as Rhode Island's only law school.
Roger Williams University is committed to creating and supporting an intellectual community devoted to teaching and learning and providing the opportunity for personal and intellectual growth for students, faculty and staff. The University credits much of its growth and success to the hard work and dedication of its employees.
As an institution committed to strengthening society through engaged teaching and learning as well as building the university that the world needs now, Roger Williams University values inclusion, seeks to reflect the diversity of the region and create access to higher education and career success.
The University seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, and teaching or research, can contribute to our diversity, inclusivity, and equity goals.
Roger Williams University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law.
For information on our Non-discrimination and Title IX policy, visit: rwu.edu/NDT9
Salaries for new hires at Roger Williams University usually fall between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range.
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references. In your cover letter/letter of interest, in addition to listing how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position, please include information about how you would be able to contribute to RWU's diversity, inclusivity, and equity goals.
Employer does not wish to be contacted by email about this position